I have recently created some paper fans in pastel colours with wrapping paper for the talented photographer of Gretel Photography for an Easer themed photo-shooting backdrop with little kids.
I have recently shared a DIY tutorial on how to create paper fans with tissue paper here however this time I tried to create the same paper fans with wrapping paper and I was very happy with the results. Not only wrapping paper is thicker so it creates a better structure, but you also have more choices on patters and colours.
So in case you would like to try to create some paper fans on your own, here is a step by step guide to DIY. I hope you like it.
- Wrap paper on the colours of your choice
- Glue gun
1. Start by folding the wrap paper every 3 cm as shown in the picture below:
2. Keep folding until all the roll is finished as below:
3. Now find the middle of the paper and fold one side on top of the other one.
4. Paste both sides together with the glue gun to form a fan shape.
5. Once pasted it should be rounded and look like the one below:
6.Repeat all the steps above to create the other paper fans in different sizes and colours.