Easter is such as sweet season of the year, and this year in Luxembourg we are so lucky with lot’s of sunshine and flowers all over the place!For this month’s recipe in collaboration with the supermarket Delhaize we decided to create one of our favourite cupcakes; carrot cupcakes. After all carrots are popular for easter and bunnies as well, so we wanted to mix both of them to show you how to do some very special and easy Easter bunny carrot cupcakes.
The step by step instructions as well as list of ingredients are below:
For the carrot cupcakes:
– 2 cups of flour (we used Delhaize baking flower)
– 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
– 1 cup of brown sugar
– 2 cups of grated carrots
– 1 cup of vegetable oil
– 3 eggs
– 1 pack/tablespoon of baking powder
– Candies, m&m’s, small easter eggs, confetti, etc
– Coconut flakes, white icing (yougurt or cream cheese with icing sugar)
– Food colorant, lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven at 180° and grease a cupcakes mold. I didn’t need to do this step as I have a beautiful mint silicon cupcake mold 😉
2. Mix the flour, cinnamon and brown sugar, then add the grated carrot, oil and eggs. Mix all the ingredients well together. Pour into your cupcake mold and bake it in the oven for around 30 minutes or until you insert a skewer and it comes out clean.
3. Take out the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes, then place some icing on top of them by mixing you cream, yogurt or cream cheese with icing sugar, this will be your “glue” to add the decorations.
4. Decorate your cupcakes by adding the different candies on top of it, for this bunny cupcakes, I used a few white peppermints to simulate the ears, coconut flakes and m&m’s to simulate the nose.