For these hot summer days fruity herbal ice cubes are a great idea to prepare a drink that will keep you fresh and hydrated! These ice cubes will look beautiful on plain water, sparkling water or even champagne and they will also provide a great natural taste.
In this blog post I will show you how to create your own delicious fruity herbal ice cubes drink with a mix of different fruits and herbs that I got from the supermarket Delhaize in Luxembourg.
– Fruits: you can choose your favourite fruits, but the ice cubes work better with the ones on the list below:
- Berries: strawberries, cranberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.
- Citrus fruits: oranges, grapefruits, lemons, etc.
- Exotic fruits: passion fruit, uchuva, dragon fruit, etc.
- Other fruits: pineapple, melon, mango, kiwi, cucumber, etc.
– Herbs: my favourite herbs for the ice cubes are Basil and Mint.
– Ice tray: better if it is a silicon ice tray
– Plain Drinkable Water
– 1 Teaspoon
1. Fill in the ice tray with the help of the teaspoon halfway as seen on the picture below.
2. Place the fruits and the herbs on on the ice tray if the fruits are small you can either place the entire fruit if they are small enough of chop them into little pieces.
3. Leave the ice tray with the fruits in the freezer until the ice cubes are ready.
4. Carefully remove the ice cubes from the tray, they should look like on the picture below:
5. Add the fruity herbal ice cubes to a glass and add sparkling water or champagne. You will see how they start melting and the fruits and herbs taste gets mixed with the liquid.
6. Finally decorate the glass with the remaining fruits and add a beautiful straw before serving.
7. Enjoy your summer fruity herbal drink 🙂