Tassel Garlands are perfect to decorate a party, you can customise them in the colours and patterns you want and they will always look beautiful. Tassel Garlands are also very easy to do on your own and today I will show you step by step how to do one.
– Tissue Paper
– Metallic Wrap Paper
– Hot Glue
1. Take a sheet of tissue paper of the colour of your choice and fold it in half.
2. Now fold it again in half as seen below.
3.Fold it one more time as sen below:
4. Fold it one more time in half on the long side so you have a narrower sheet, as seen below.
5. Now start to cut stripes with the scissors of around 1cm wide, leave around 10 cm of space on the top of the paper as seen on the picture below:
6. After cutting the stripes you will have the tassel effect, now just separate the tissue paper into two sections as seen below:
7. Start rolling the tissue paper sheet as seen below until you have it all rolled.
8. Now twist the roll harder so you can form a loop like on the picture, leave the tassels without rolling.
9. So you are finished with the tassel, once you twist both sides should come together to form the complete tassel,
10. Now continue creating different tassels in different colours until you have minimum twelve of them.
11. Add the tassels to a string and secure them with a drop of hot liquid glue. I recommend you to leave 10cm in between each tassel to make your tassel garland look prettier.
I hope it was easy to do, let me know if you tried this tutorial or if you have already done some tassel garlands before.