I would like to share with you today how to upcycle some empty wine glass bottles and some pine cones into a beautiful golden Christmas decoration that will look any space more elegant.
I used these decorations to complement a window display for a bar in Luxembourg city call Octans, you can see the full project on the post: Octans Bar Christmas Decoration. This project is very quick and easy to do, below is the tutorial where you can learn step by step to do it on your own.
– Empty glass bottles
– Wooden sticks
– Glue gun
– Golden paint
– Pine cones
1. Start by collecting some pine cones from the forest in case you live in an area with forests around. Clean them and let them dry so they open up.
2. If your pine cones have some extra leaves like the ones I collected, remove them with scissors so they look nicer.
3. When you have them cleaned up they should look like the picture below.
4. Now take the wooden sticks and pinch the pine cones from under.
5. Once you have the wooden sticks on the pine cones, secure them with a little bit of hot glue from the glue gun.
6. To have larger sticks on each pine cone, you can either get extra large wooden sticks, or do like me, I just added some straws on top of the wooden sticks and secured them with a few drops of hot glue.
7. Paint the glass bottles with the golden paint and let them dry. Then place the pine cone sticks on them in different levels, adjust the levels by cutting the sticks accordingly.
8. Paint the pine cones with the golden pain and you are finished!
2 thoughts on “DIY: Upcycled Golden Christmas Vases”
Love them!! Check out my DIY Vases on my blog 🙂